Two Minute Retirement Readiness Tips

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Golf -I Just Don’t Get It!

I have been going to golf courses, attempting to hit a little round ball approximately 1.5 inches in diameter with a bag of L shaped sticks into a hole in the ground for over ten years with no success. Now to some of you this may sound like an activity you are familiar with; golf. I assure you in no way shape or form can my activities on the golf course be considered golf.

All winter I think to myself this year I am going to turn it around, my tee shots will be straight, and my putts will drop in the hole but it doesn’t happen. I take lessons. I hit buckets of balls at the driving range and still no improvement, my ongoing concern is whether or not the dozen balls I bought on the way to the course is enough.

I was invited to play with an acquaintance recently and warned him my game was pretty ugly. He said “it can’t be that bad, if we were any good we wouldn’t be working” after the round he said “I owe you an apology, you were right.”
So today is Tuesday and once again I will play in my weekly golf league, I have been to range a couple times since last week’s round and hoping for some improvement. I am not sure it will come, I keep saying this is the last time I will play, but I keep going back. I just don’t get it.